Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author to Pages Transition

I have been a frequent user of iBooks author for several years. The main reason being that I find it is the best product to create interactive content & documents. Within the documents we create, we use several videos / images on the same page (all of which will go full screen upon a click/touch on the iPad/Mac).

I am trying to make the transition into Pages and have a couple of questions for people who may be more experienced with this software.

1) Is there a way to hyperlink an image to another page/chapter in the document (like in iBooks author) ?

2) Is there a way to have a video / image on the page as a thumbnail (or small) and once clicked it goes/plays full screen? This would allow for several videos / images on the same page (like in iBooks author)

Any advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 6:56 PM

Apple did not perform a heart transplant of iBooks Author into the Pages application. If you require features unique to iBooks Author, continue to use it.

Apple has extended Pages v10.1 to open iBooks Author documents (.iba) with several limitations discussed here. So at this time, Pages v10.1 has read features, but not create features that you are accustomed to in iBooks Author.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 6:56 PM in response to danpurdy

Apple did not perform a heart transplant of iBooks Author into the Pages application. If you require features unique to iBooks Author, continue to use it.

Apple has extended Pages v10.1 to open iBooks Author documents (.iba) with several limitations discussed here. So at this time, Pages v10.1 has read features, but not create features that you are accustomed to in iBooks Author.

Aug 9, 2020 4:49 AM in response to danpurdy

Do not assume anything is a short-term solution, or that Apple's plan may, or may not be further integration of iBooks Author features in some future version of Pages. This is a user supported community and the Pages product team does not participate here, or share their future Pages strategy with us.

Right now in Aug 2020, you have the document that I linked to in my previous post. That is all the information available at this time.

iBooks Author to Pages Transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.