Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full screen image gallery in Pages?

Hi!

I'm creating a series of ebooks using Pages, and want to have the Image Galleries go full-screen when you tap an image. Doesn't seem to work in Pages like it did in iBooks Author.

Another feature that I can't get to work is being able to pinch zoom an image in a gallery. It only works on images that are placed onto a page, not in a gallery.

I was debating using IBA to make these books like the one I made several years ago but I need to be able to export an EPUB file. And you can only do that if you start with an EPUB template, and they are all portrait orientation, and my books are landscape.

So side question... if anyone knows how to create a landscape EPUB using IBA that would be handy haha...

Thanks!

Dustin

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 10:19 AM

When you select Image Gallery from the Pages v10.1/2 Media tool, it deposits an object within the Pages document. By the very nature of it being a Pages object, it cannot expand beyond the document boundaries (without clipping), and certainly not full screen for that reason. You could send feedback about this feature request to the Pages product team via the application menu.

Apple has added some initial translation import intelligence to Pages v10.1/2 for iBooks Author .iba documents, but it has not made Pages a replacement for iBooks Author, or even provided its features.

Have you posed your last question in the iBooks Author community?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 10:19 AM in response to almostfamous13

When you select Image Gallery from the Pages v10.1/2 Media tool, it deposits an object within the Pages document. By the very nature of it being a Pages object, it cannot expand beyond the document boundaries (without clipping), and certainly not full screen for that reason. You could send feedback about this feature request to the Pages product team via the application menu.

Apple has added some initial translation import intelligence to Pages v10.1/2 for iBooks Author .iba documents, but it has not made Pages a replacement for iBooks Author, or even provided its features.

Have you posed your last question in the iBooks Author community?

Full screen image gallery in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.