Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer from iPhone SE running iOS 13 to iPhone 6 running 12.4

Hi everyone,

My iPhone SE is old and janky but - great news - my boss gave me his old iphone 6!! My iphone se is fully updated to ios 13, which means that I can't restore my backups onto the iphone 6 because it only supports up to ios 12.4.8... Initially I thought I could downgrade my iphone se to ios 12, perform a backup, and then use that backup to set up the iphone 6. But of course I'd be stuck in the same situation because downgrading would wipe the iphone se's data and I wouldn't be able to restore from backup because all the backups are ios 13. Am I stuck with the iphone se and its horrible battery and tiny screen?? I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you!!

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 9:46 PM

Hump3PJ wrote:

Hi everyone,
My iPhone SE is old and janky but - great news - my boss gave me his old iphone 6!! My iphone se is fully updated to ios 13, which means that I can't restore my backups onto the iphone 6 because it only supports up to ios 12.4.8... Initially I thought I could downgrade my iphone se to ios 12, perform a backup, and then use that backup to set up the iphone 6. But of course I'd be stuck in the same situation because downgrading would wipe the iphone se's data and I wouldn't be able to restore from backup because all the backups are ios 13. Am I stuck with the iphone se and its horrible battery and tiny screen?? I would really appreciate any help!
Thank you!!

There is no solution to this. You will have to transfer your data manually or via iCloud.

If you were syncing content with iCloud. that does not need the iOS version to match.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2020 9:46 PM in response to Hump3PJ

Hump3PJ wrote:

Hi everyone,
Thank you!!

There is no solution to this. You will have to transfer your data manually or via iCloud.

If you were syncing content with iCloud. that does not need the iOS version to match.

Can't transfer from iPhone SE running iOS 13 to iPhone 6 running 12.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.