Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions Disabled No Apple News

I recently did the system upgrade to 13.6. Already had issues with storage and this really exacerbated it. System was at 5.33 Gig, Other was at 7.9 Gig and growing. Did a full reset and erase Twice after removing most Apps did nothing to help. Now that I have reset all twice, I am reloading Apps. I have all Restrictions off and have toggled back and forth and shut down and restarted many times. Still, App Store indicates Apple News is loaded, can’t find it and when clicking the OPEN button in App Store, I continue to get the same Turn Off Restrictions to see and open. All restrictions are off.

what can I do to be able to ‘see’ and open Apple News? It does not show in Manage Storage, only place I see it is in the listing of Apps under All Apps when restrictions are ‘ON’. But it is in the Allowed position.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 4:12 PM

JimAyla,

Thanks for checking that, and for those additional details.

Next, check each of the locations below to ensure the region is set correctly:

• Settings > General > Language & Region > Region.
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Ratings For.

Learn more here: Read the latest headlines in the Apple News app

Specifically, the information listed below:

"The Apple News app is available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Learn what's available in your country or region."

We hope this helps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2020 4:12 PM in response to JimAyla

JimAyla,

Thanks for checking that, and for those additional details.

Next, check each of the locations below to ensure the region is set correctly:

• Settings > General > Language & Region > Region.
  • Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Ratings For.

Learn more here: Read the latest headlines in the Apple News app

Specifically, the information listed below:

"The Apple News app is available in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Learn what's available in your country or region."

We hope this helps.

Aug 11, 2020 3:00 PM in response to jeremy_v

Unfortunately, no. It does not show up in the area for installed apps. Instead, I get several suggestions for other Apps including Apple+. When I go to the app store, it shows the OPEN button. Indicating it is already loaded. When I click on that OPEN button I get a dialogue box telling me that ‘some apps cannot be seen or opened with RESTRICTIONS enabled, disable them’ I have All restrictions turned off. Even with Restrictions slid right to On, everything is switched to allow All apps. In fact the Allowed Apps area is the Only place the Apple News icon shows up and it is switched to green/allowed. In this scenario, regardless of how the restriction on/off os set, I should be able to find and use the app if it is on the phone.

Restrictions Disabled No Apple News

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.