Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes: Sync Only Selected Songs and Videos

I've clicked on "Sync Only Selected Songs and Videos" in Itunes yet it isn't showing me a list of playlists to check. Hence it is loading the full library of music to my Iphone and taking up too much space. What do I do? This wasn't an issue in the past. It always showed me all my playlists. I could check them or not.

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 7:49 AM

Hi robertheffernan,

Thank you for posting! We see you're running into an issue syncing content from iTunes to an iPhone. You're in the right place for assistance.

To double-check, you're selecting the option to sync select content as shown below, but you don't see playlists. Is that right? Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

"Sync or remove content using iTunes

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Click the device icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. Learn what to do if you don't see the icon
  3. From the list under Settings on the left side of the iTunes window, click the type of content that you want to sync or remove. To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync.

"

What do you see instead of your playlists? Are you able to select albums or artists by scrolling down from that screen, or are those not available either?

Also, are you able to locate the playlists in your library still?

Depending on exactly what you're seeing, it might help to eject the iPhone, restart the computer, and test again.

Let us know how it goes. Be sure to let us know your exact iOS and macOS versions.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 7:49 AM in response to robertheffernan

Hi robertheffernan,

Thank you for posting! We see you're running into an issue syncing content from iTunes to an iPhone. You're in the right place for assistance.

To double-check, you're selecting the option to sync select content as shown below, but you don't see playlists. Is that right? Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

"Sync or remove content using iTunes

1. Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Click the device icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. Learn what to do if you don't see the icon
  3. From the list under Settings on the left side of the iTunes window, click the type of content that you want to sync or remove. To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync.

"

What do you see instead of your playlists? Are you able to select albums or artists by scrolling down from that screen, or are those not available either?

Also, are you able to locate the playlists in your library still?

Depending on exactly what you're seeing, it might help to eject the iPhone, restart the computer, and test again.

Let us know how it goes. Be sure to let us know your exact iOS and macOS versions.

Take care.

Itunes: Sync Only Selected Songs and Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.