Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud activation lock

My phone is locked by icloud activation lock. The icloud account is of my uncle, he has forgotten his password and he also doesn't have any recovery method to reset password. I have iPhone 7 plus purchase receipt and photo id and im ready to contact apple support to remove icloud activation lock without password. I live in Pakistan and when i call the number it just ends the call without anything. I have dialed 00800 01001 first, and then 800 361 0479 after it ends the call but nothing happens. Is there any other way to contact apple support like though chat or email so i can get my device unlocked asap.

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:15 PM

If he has forgotten his password - If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support. If that doesn't help, he will need to consider placing the account in recovery - Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support.

3 replies

Aug 12, 2020 1:13 PM in response to Diz786

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent, and it wouldn’t be a deterrent if it were easily bypassed.

We can’t tell this case from a lost or stolen iPhone.

And nobody here can release the lock—that’s only Apple folks, and within their policies.

For this case, either the Apple ID and password holding the lock, or the original purchase receipt and phone and matching ID and a discussion directly with Apple.

The Apple ID can be reset using iCloud, and iCloud used to release the lock remotely.

Here is how to do this remotely, once the Apple ID and password are available:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

icloud activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.