Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos toolbar resize search box - MacBook Pro - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

When entering long keywords into the search box it seems impossible to enter a second or third to narrow down the search, since the first entry remains highlighted and one cannot place the cursor either side of it to continue.

My question therefore is, can one elongate the search box to facilitate this?

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 3:36 PM

You can just continue typing, when you hit the right border of the search field. The text can be longer than the size of the search field.

But I would use teethe filter to refine the search. The keywords you add to the Quick Group will appear in the Showing filter and you can check off the additional search terms there. For example:

I have been searching for the combination of Sunset and Lighthouse.

See: How to use the Filters in Photos 4.0 - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 3:36 PM in response to TheSquire123

You can just continue typing, when you hit the right border of the search field. The text can be longer than the size of the search field.

But I would use teethe filter to refine the search. The keywords you add to the Quick Group will appear in the Showing filter and you can check off the additional search terms there. For example:

I have been searching for the combination of Sunset and Lighthouse.

See: How to use the Filters in Photos 4.0 - Apple Community

Photos toolbar resize search box - MacBook Pro - Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.