Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iMovie without upgrading software

Hi There

I have a 2011 MacbookPro 15" Serial:C02HL1H3DV7N

My OS is High Sierra. That seems to be my latest update.

I have been working on a new personal project with my iPhone XR using iMovie.

When I try to transfer the video to my laptop and attempt to open iMovie, my computer wants me to update my iMovie. For some reason my computer doesn't seem to want to do the update. I was hoping there is a way for me to somehow get around this issue so I can edit my videos properly.

I would appreciate ANY and ALL advice and/or suggestions. Many Thanks!

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 6:11 PM

What version of iMovie are you using?

If running iMovie 10, use this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before,

but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 6:11 PM in response to gb987

What version of iMovie are you using?

If running iMovie 10, use this procedure: To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before,

but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

using iMovie without upgrading software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.