Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge

My Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge. Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 11:10 PM

My Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge.

There are no indicators on the remote to show it is charging. You will need to read the charge level on the Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Remote﹥.

Charge your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

The Siri Remote takes about two and a half hours to fully charge.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

If the battery level might be empty, charge the Siri Remote for 30 minutes to give it enough charge to function of a while.

Use the supplied Lightning-to-USB cable or another certified MFi Lightning-to-USB cable. Inferior cables can cause damage of their own, e.g. from overcharging.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 11:10 PM in response to Mhaase23

My Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge.

There are no indicators on the remote to show it is charging. You will need to read the charge level on the Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Remote﹥.

Charge your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

The Siri Remote takes about two and a half hours to fully charge.

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

If the battery level might be empty, charge the Siri Remote for 30 minutes to give it enough charge to function of a while.

Use the supplied Lightning-to-USB cable or another certified MFi Lightning-to-USB cable. Inferior cables can cause damage of their own, e.g. from overcharging.

My Apple TV 4K remote won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.