Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook gets really hot with Safari

Every time i open up safari or chrome my macbook starts getting really hot and the fan is being really loud - it is relatively new so i dont think the fans are dirty but is there any way to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 8:37 AM

Hello RalphMann,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that your computer is getting hot and your fans are running loud. We can certainly help you with this!

We would recommend starting by resetting the SMC & PRAM on your device. Links to do this are below.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 8:37 AM in response to RalphMann

Hello RalphMann,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your question that your computer is getting hot and your fans are running loud. We can certainly help you with this!

We would recommend starting by resetting the SMC & PRAM on your device. Links to do this are below.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

MacBook gets really hot with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.