Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

still not getting Safari

Why did Safari stop working? I can still get into my browing stuff but get a message that safari is unable to launch.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 12:25 PM

Quit Safari if it is open by clicking the Safari menu, then choose Quit Safari.

Then, launch Safari while pressing and holding a Shift key. Release the Shift key when Safari launches.

If you still can't load webpages the Apple Support document If you can't open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support is applicable.

3 replies

Aug 11, 2020 11:35 AM in response to John Galt

Okay, perhaps my terminology is off ! When I click on the Safari icon in the menu bar I get "Safari can't open the page "ycle" because Safari can't find the server "ycle"." I ran a diagnostic this morning and cleaned up old files etc,, But that did not seem to make any difference to the opening with Safari. I think that Safari must be working once I bypass the initial screen message.

I can launch whatever I need from the side bar where all my frequent apps are listed.

Some videos won't launch because Safari cannot find them. I can launch same videos if I am using the iPad...

I will try using Safe mode now and see what happens next!

Thanks.

still not getting Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.