Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15' Mid 2015 w/ M370X External Monitor Refresh Rate

I've been using an external monitor for a while with my MacBook Pro.Its a Samsung Curved that I run at 144Hz using a MiniDisplay-Port to Display Port cable.

However after update 10.14.6 I've been locked out of changing its refresh rate so its blocked at 60Hz.

How do I fix this?

Can't Update to Catalina as I use 32Bit Apps for Work.

The problem isn't in the monitor as it works flawless in Bootcamp.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 9:08 AM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2020 9:21 AM in response to BroItsLeoNotLeon

Hello BroItsLeoNotLeon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, and thank you for your post. We're glad you're here.

We understand that you'd prefer a faster refresh rate for your MacBook Pro when booted into the macOS Mojave partition, and we'll be glad to share some tips to address your concern.

All the best!

Sep 4, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph_S. ,

First of all I'd like to note that I stated that I wasn't using the HDMI video output so I don't know why you would mention such thing.

I went through all the debugging items mentioned and none seem to fix the locked refresh rate, does this mean that now that I would have to reformat my computer because of the update?Wouldn't installing Mac OS Again with the same version cause the issue again.

MacBook Pro 15' Mid 2015 w/ M370X External Monitor Refresh Rate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.