Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen flickers when downloading songs in Music.

Why is it that the screen flickers every time I download a song in music (And flickers for every song. So if album has 12 songs, I get 12 flickers) . I currently bought a new MacBook Pro 13" and had to redownload my music library (5000 plus songs = 5000 screen flickers). This is not the only MacBook I have noticed that does this. Is this an Apple Music issue? All I know is that it is extremely irritating.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:56 AM

Hi WebsliK,

We understand that your new MacBook Pro display is flickering when downloading songs, and we want you to have the best experience with your investment.

• To clarify, does this only happen when you're downloading songs, or does it happen at other times as well?
  • Is the MacBook Pro connected to power when this happens?
  • Can you tell us which version of macOS is currently installed?
  • Is an external display connected as well?

These details will help us isolate the problem a bit more.

Thanks!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 10:56 AM in response to WebsliK

Hi WebsliK,

We understand that your new MacBook Pro display is flickering when downloading songs, and we want you to have the best experience with your investment.

• To clarify, does this only happen when you're downloading songs, or does it happen at other times as well?
  • Is the MacBook Pro connected to power when this happens?
  • Can you tell us which version of macOS is currently installed?
  • Is an external display connected as well?

These details will help us isolate the problem a bit more.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2020 2:00 PM in response to WebsliK

Hey there!

Thanks so much for following back up with us. We had a chance to review your video, and see what you're referring to with the flashing. If you haven't done so already, let's try resetting the PRAM and NVRAM.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

This will help reset some of the video parameters on your Mac. If the problem continues, please let us know!

Best regards.

Aug 13, 2020 11:25 AM in response to Leanne_68

Latest MacBook Pro with 4 thunderbolt ports. Connected to power. 10.15.6 (19G73). Does it with another screen hooked up or without. It is happening when I am viewing my library and click on download button. It is like the app is refreshing the library after each sound downloads. Here is a video I posted on YouTube showing the problem. In video you will see me click the download button of album and the screen flicker after each song is downloaded.https://youtu.be/ercIbe7ywkM

Screen flickers when downloading songs in Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.