Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music ratings not saving

I recently upgraded a 2015 Macbook Pro 13" from Catalina to Monterey and have a new problem in Apple Music. While playing an album and adding new ratings with hearts or stars, all or most of them disappear after moving through different sections of the app or focusing and using another app with Music in the background. I cannot tell what the mechanism is other than it is not time-based (at least consistently) and happens whenever the album page is not visible. I wish Music was updated more frequently as this is not the first serious bug involving my library. These problems (e.g. frequent Error 9039 preventing adding new music) likely involve the iCloud Music Library service, but anything more specific is above my paygrade.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 11:54 AM

Do you have a subscription to either of the Apple Music or iTunes Match services? There seems to be an ongoing issue with Monterey where changes to the library don't get committed to the cloud and later revert. You may have better luck immediately after rebooting. It may also help to turn off Home Sharing.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2022 11:54 AM in response to qu4ntumrush

Do you have a subscription to either of the Apple Music or iTunes Match services? There seems to be an ongoing issue with Monterey where changes to the library don't get committed to the cloud and later revert. You may have better luck immediately after rebooting. It may also help to turn off Home Sharing.

tt2

Apple Music ratings not saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.