Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barclay finance

I used the trade in system to get a new phone. However, I am still paying through Barclays finance for a phone I don't have anymore.

I was told that once the phone has been handed in, then the finance payment would stop and the new one would start.

This is not that case. Who can I got to for help on this?

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 5:54 AM

It depends on what you buy and how you pay for it.

If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, they’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Store Gift Card via email.

If you buy an iPhone using Apple iPhone Payments and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once they receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, they’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 5:54 AM in response to Megankate10

It depends on what you buy and how you pay for it.

If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, they’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Store Gift Card via email.

If you buy an iPhone using Apple iPhone Payments and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once they receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, they’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in.

Barclay finance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.