Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my books in iBook disappeared.

I had downloaded about a dozen books from the free iBooks catalog but today they are all gone. That includes the Winnie the Pooh and iPad user guide.
Does anyone know why/what/how this happened.

I hesitate to use iBooks now until I find out if they are going to disappear on a regular basis.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

Dave

Dell XPS, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 22, 2010 4:14 PM

66 replies

Mar 3, 2017 2:49 PM in response to dave_wickett

I made the mistake of hitting the "Not Now" instead of the Big Blue Button with the words "Use iCloud".

I deleted the iBooks app

Opened the Apps Store

Searched for iBooks

Installed the iBooks app

This time tapped on the Big Blue Button with the words "Use iCloud"

HEY! all of my PDF files and books was back. So happy now.

The only reason I temporarily could not find my files and books was because I didn't understand why it gave the two

options

User uploaded file

May 19, 2017 9:11 PM in response to dave_wickett

So some of my books disappeared from my iPad but was on my phone, I was worried and decided to purchase them again on the iPad. But I tried this. Click on the collections on top( you will find "All books", "Books", "Audiobooks" and PDFs) on the Bottom of the page, you will see "Hide iCloud books" if it's on, turn it off and you will find all your books that was deleted. Download them again and thee you go. It worked for me I hope it will help you too if you had the same problem I had. User uploaded file

Jun 19, 2017 8:35 AM in response to BeeSang

But Apple, WHY is that toggle on by default

Apple's participation on here is limited to moderating and posting on all unanswered questions - if you want to leave feedback to them about something : http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I guess there isn't a way to edit your own comments?

There is, but only for 15 minutes from original time of posting (i.e. editing a post doesn't reset the 15 minutes), and is done via the downward-pointing arrow on the post (if the 15 minutes has passed the option won't show on the arrow)

Jun 15, 2017 3:25 AM in response to dave_wickett

Ill explain. It is just a freaking bug which caused by pervert apple file system. I constantly cant access to files which is placed on my devices. Doesnt matter turned icluods settings on or off, allowed to take content from internet or not - sometimes U JUST CANT REACH YOUR FILES. It is ok for apple as i understand cos i have problems with this for couple years. I used to it. All other is good in apple - just cant find files sometimes. Copy it from dropbox from time to time not a big deal, right?

Jun 19, 2017 8:09 AM in response to revshadrack1

revshadrack1, thank you so much! Looking for the Hide iBooks toggle on my iPhone was not easy or intuitive. I am so relieved that I didn't have to uninstall or sync to my Mac. But Apple, WHY is that toggle on by default??! You'd save us so much gray hair, grief, and anger at you by simply opening iBooks with it turned off and supplying a tip for how to turn it on.

Jul 29, 2010 4:14 PM in response to dave_wickett

I've had the same problem, this time after a restore. Unfortunately it was a catch 22 situation in that it backed up before I could update the iphone back to iOS4. The new backup didn't have the books previously downloaded. I went to download the books again through iBooks, but it told me that I've already downloaded them and that I'd have to now purchase the books. Any suggestions? My bookshelf is empty.

All my books in iBook disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.