Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 visual voicemail error 1035

I have an iPhone 11, I’ve had it a couple months now and just 2 weeks ago my husband tells me that my phone says I haven’t set up my voicemail When he called me. It has never said that before, my carrier has been the same for the last 3 years. I tried to set up my visual voicemail and I get an error code saying “(com.apple.mobilephone error 1035.)” I looked it up online and tried all the different ways to try to fix it and nothing. I called my carrier and sat on the phone with them for about an hour and they told me to contact Apple. I didn’t do anything different on my phone. I pushed and held 1 and set up my voicemail from there and made sure the notifications were on and I still don’t get notifications at all and I still have the error code for my visual voicemail. I just want my visual voicemail to work again. Can someone please help me figure this out?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:36 PM

3 replies

Aug 15, 2020 8:40 AM in response to MickieJoy95

Hi MickieJoy95,

We understand that you're getting an error when attempting to set up your voicemail. We will do our best to assist.

Make sure that you have a current back up of your iPhone and then make sure the software is up-to-date by following the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Afterward, ensure carrier settings are up-to-date by following the steps in this article: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If issue persists, review this link: Set up Visual Voicemail on your iPhone Once there, scroll to the section labeled "Get help with Visual Voicemail".

Have a great day.

Aug 15, 2020 10:54 AM in response to chris_g1

My software is up to date, there are no updates for my carrier, I’ve tried resetting my network settings, I’ve gotten ahold of my carrier, my carrier does support visual voicemail, they told me to contact Apple because they don’t know why it is still giving me the error and I have tried everything and I don’t know why I am still getting the error.

Aug 22, 2020 5:01 AM in response to MickieJoy95

Hey MickieJoy95,

We appreciate you going through those steps. Let's make sure you have your voicemail is set up by dialing your own phone number on your iPhone. If not, reach to your wireless carrier. You may also need to reset your voicemail password which your wireless carrier will be able to assist you with.

If you're able to leave a voicemail, however unable to retrieve it by accessing the Visual Voicemail app, then contact Apple support here: Get Support

Take care.

iPhone 11 visual voicemail error 1035

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.