Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage and apps

nothing on my iphone is working! every time i click and app it cuts me out. i turn off my phone and turn it back in and it’ll work for a little bit but then starts to do the same problem. i also keep getting notifications that i don’t have any more storage, even though i just purchased more icloud storage (twice) and deleted every single app i don’t use, text messages, and deleted over 1,000 pictures. STILL no storage. it says half of my storage is “other” but doesn’t let me change it or delete something to get it down. please help

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 7:44 PM

first, you should understand that buying iCloud storage does not expand the capacity of your phone. If you want to utilize your iCloud storage you'll need to figure out what is taking up all your space.

For now lets just try to fix the 'other' storage issue. iOS 13.6.1 was released yesterday and is supposed to help with this issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 7:44 PM in response to melissasaccente

first, you should understand that buying iCloud storage does not expand the capacity of your phone. If you want to utilize your iCloud storage you'll need to figure out what is taking up all your space.

For now lets just try to fix the 'other' storage issue. iOS 13.6.1 was released yesterday and is supposed to help with this issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

storage and apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.