Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music maximum devices reached warning

Our Apple music is now giving us a warning of maximum devices reached. We just recently updated to new phones, so I went in and removed all the old phones and back to our baseline number of devices. But the warning would not go away. We have paired down to 3 devices and still the warning comes when more than one of us is listening to music at the same time. Any suggestions of why or how to fix it?

Thanks

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 10:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:17 PM

Thanks. I just tried logging out of iTunes and back in. We do already have the family membership. But I then chose “upgrade” family membership again anyway and the request spun forever then finally came back saying you already have the family membership. It all seems to be working now. So who knows...

thanks for the reply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2020 11:17 PM in response to WRidgy

Thanks. I just tried logging out of iTunes and back in. We do already have the family membership. But I then chose “upgrade” family membership again anyway and the request spun forever then finally came back saying you already have the family membership. It all seems to be working now. So who knows...

thanks for the reply.

Music maximum devices reached warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.