Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download music from/to old iPod Mini

I have an old iPod Mini (Version 4.2.1 Model MB531BT.

I'd like to download the music on it and upload some of that back and some new music. I can attach it to my iMac and can see it in finder and I get the sync options and so on. But nothing to download the music already on it.

Any advice please for a free solution as I have seen paid for software but reluctant as can never be sure they work and it is something I'll only do once.

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 4:19 AM

Many thanks. I actually have an iPod touch 2nd Generation and that can't be set to disc mode. But it sent me down the right path.

For others I used iFunBox where I could then navigate to the files and download them. I had the setting in Music to rename files and organise into folders so I copied them not the "Automatically add to music" folder and Bob's your uncle it imported them all and renamed all the folders so now they are much easier to review.

Thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 4:19 AM in response to turingtest2

Many thanks. I actually have an iPod touch 2nd Generation and that can't be set to disc mode. But it sent me down the right path.

For others I used iFunBox where I could then navigate to the files and download them. I had the setting in Music to rename files and organise into folders so I copied them not the "Automatically add to music" folder and Bob's your uncle it imported them all and renamed all the folders so now they are much easier to review.

Thanks

Download music from/to old iPod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.