Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The App Store download could not start because it has already been downloaded too many times.

Hello.

A friend of mine recently bought a used Late 2015 Macbook Air that still had the files on it, He tried to reinstall MacOS himself and ended up formatting his SSD and asked me to take a shot.

I took it home with me and for the last day I have tried to reinstall MacOS but when in the Reinstall menu and click Install on the installer it gives me this error: "The App Store download could not start because it has already been downloaded too many times." I have tried using a USB to reinstall, but it just doesn't want to boot from it (Shows up in disk utilities but not in Startup Devices) Any solutions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 12:56 PM

Ok i solved it this way:

I held down Option-CMD-R and was able to get MacOS catalina to show up and since it was a different software it didnt tell me u had downloaded it too many times. I tried the shortcut before but i must have done it wrong since it still showed up with Sierra

4 replies

Aug 14, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Christian_Grenier

Hey.

I have already looked at this and got confused by it and found a guide how to make a installer using a couple tools (I primarily use Windows and dont personally have a Mac or any other apple device other than an IPhone and a pair of AirPods) so if there is any information on how to do this that way or anything that may be able to be run on Windows.

The App Store download could not start because it has already been downloaded too many times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.