Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple maps search suggestions not working

All the apple devices I've had so far have suggested locations as I type in the search bar of the maps app however, my iphone 11 - ever since I bought it, it has never worked. I've either had to type the whole address before pressing search or just had to google the location (for spelling etc.) and copy it into the search bar. It's a minor thing but it's so inconvenient when I'm trying to search for suggestions and nothing comes up as I type. Attached are photos from 1. my old iphone 7 that shows suggestions and 2. iphone 11 that does not

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 8:15 PM

6 replies

Aug 15, 2020 5:03 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes I know how to do that, I’m more talking about the fact that it doesn’t show up suggestions AS I type - pressing search after three letters is no help, when there’s a few hundred locations it could be, I just have to type the whole thing. Like I said it’s a minor issue but I just can’t understand why it’s only happening to this phone.

Apple maps search suggestions not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.