Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.6.1 Update deleted all my photos

After upgrading to iOS 13.6.1, the entirety of my photos were deleted. My backup failed, and I have effectively lost everything important to me.

I cannot believe that Apple would release an update that would cause this to happen.

Is someone able to assist me to see why this happened?

For context, please see below:

My storage was full before I did the update. I attempted to to an iCloud back-up, which ended up duplicating all my photographs.

I then painstakingly went through all my photographs and deleted the duplicates.

Then, I installed the update. After the update, I opened my photos folder and found that everything had been erased.

I have tried the following:

1. Checking the 'recently deleted' folder. It is empty.
  2. Plugging in my iPhone to my PC and looking at the internal storage. Empty.
  3. Using iTunes on my PC to see what is left on my phone. iTunes is so completely not user-friendly, so this has yielded no results for me.
  4. I have tried turning on my iCloud photos, and it has done nothing to help.
  5. I have tried signing out of my Apple ID, and then signing back in. No help.

Please can someone let me know if they've experienced the same issue since this update, or if any one has any clarity or assistance on this issue?

Thanks.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 6:33 AM

Similar questions

15 replies

Aug 23, 2020 10:43 AM in response to ales_bee

Iv'e had the exact same problem! just updated my iPhone 11 to this software earlier and when it came back on i was to find all my photos prior to December 2019 had been deleted. This includes thousands of photos i took up to 2015.

I signed out of apple ID too and back in yet still nothing and also turned off and on icloud photos but still nothing.

additionally, i also logged onto icloud drive to see if they would be there but only the ones from December 2019 onward

Thousands of photos lost because of an update.

Apple please resolve this and return our photos.

iOS 13.6.1 Update deleted all my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.