Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple apps on all devices have stopped working and I have to continually reset the router. I have had my WiFi setup for 6 months and this just started. The apps work if I turn off my WiFi and use wireless carrier.

All of my Apple apps randomly stop working until I reset my WiFi router. There haven’t been any changes to my WiFi setup. And the Apple apps work with my wireless carrier. I have confirmed I have internet access. I have most up to date OS. I have reset my wireless settings. None of my Apple devices that use my Apple ID work when this happens.

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 7:14 AM

4 replies

Aug 15, 2020 1:56 PM in response to heath106

Your router csn be brand new and still fail.

If all of your devices are not working, then this is usually either the router, interference in the area (built-up areas and big buildings can have lots and lots of Wi-Fi and that can and usually does interfere), or there’s a problem with your ISP link.

If your Wi-Fi and devices all support it, try switching to 5 GHz and disable 2.4 GHz, as 5 GHz tends to be less crowded than 2.4 GHz, particularly given 5 GHz doesn’t penetrate structures as well. as 2.4 GHz and that’s a Good Thing in built-up areas.

Did a Wi-Fi network scan in one location, and found over a hundred Wi-Fi networks. Suffice it, that site was inevitably going to have problems with Wi-Fi networking. Switching to 5 GHz helped some. Some.

Wi-Fi scanning tools are available for macOS. I’ve used Wi-Fi Explorer.

My Apple apps on all devices have stopped working and I have to continually reset the router. I have had my WiFi setup for 6 months and this just started. The apps work if I turn off my WiFi and use wireless carrier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.