Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My poor old iPod nano

Since the recent iTunes split podcasts to a different app, I can't manage the podcasts on my ancient iPod nano.

Is there any way I can delete podcasts? I seem to be able to add them from the podcast app on my MacBook Air...but I can't seem to remove any. Thanks in advance for any fixes.

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 4:32 PM

Are you running the latest firmware (macOS Catalina)? If you are, iPods now sync via Finder. You can find out how to do so here:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If you are using anything under Catalina, the guide for syncing music to your iPod is here:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

iPods cannot sync via the Podcast app. You have to use either Finder or iTunes. Also, incase none of this helps, what generation of iPod nano do you own?

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 4:32 PM in response to stoneycreekgirl

Are you running the latest firmware (macOS Catalina)? If you are, iPods now sync via Finder. You can find out how to do so here:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If you are using anything under Catalina, the guide for syncing music to your iPod is here:

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

iPods cannot sync via the Podcast app. You have to use either Finder or iTunes. Also, incase none of this helps, what generation of iPod nano do you own?

Hope this helps!

Aug 20, 2020 5:38 AM in response to NintendoCraftCEC

Hello again, NintendoCraftCEC:

I tried using Finder for my ancient iPod nano (6th generation -- with the handy clip).

No dice.

No information comes up when it becomes connected.

To your knowledge, is there any other way to access the content -- I want to delete podcasts. I was able to add new ones using the Podcast app and dragging new podcasts to the nano icon that appears when I connect it and open Finder.

But, I can't figure out how to delete items I've already listened to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, sources, etc.

-Susan

My poor old iPod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.