Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos--can't edit right now, data can't be found.

Photos comes up with "Cannot Start Editing; Photos cannot load adjustments. Please try again later."

This has been going on for a while. Latest OS Catalina and MacBook Pro less than a year old. The photos were scanned into my system this week, and imported into Photos this week, so not old ones. Yesterday was able to crop. Today cannot make changes to "Adjust." Sometimes had problem after doing 5 or 6 in a row, would go out, wait, come back. Now I get the problem right away. This is making this program completely useless.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 2:37 PM

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, log into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 2:37 PM in response to jenniferfromridgefield

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, log into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Aug 15, 2020 2:13 PM in response to jenniferfromridgefield

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail: Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community  

What system and Photos versions are you running?

Where is your library located? If on an external HD how is that drive formatted and connected to your Mac?

Are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

Do you have the iCloud Library enabled? If you do do you have "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled also?

Aug 15, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Old Toad

MacBook Pro 2019, 13 inch, with 16 GB. Library is not the system library, as it is for some vintage family photos that I am scanning and protecting for old albums--but these scans and imports are this week. Therefore not iCloud enabled. The library is on the MacBook disk, not external, and held in my Pictures folder. I have c 600 GB of my 1TB disk available, even with this and my system library,. Catalina 10.15.6--will update tonight to the newest. As for data, Importing is Managed (checked).

This should not be relying excessively internet, but I turned my WiFi off and back on, and at present is working okay. We get 200-400 Mbps most of the time where the computer is.

Photos--can't edit right now, data can't be found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.