Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos has a problem with the number 6

I have a persistent, repeatable issue when editing photos in Photos. When entering a title in information, adding say "1965", when I hit the 6 the app immediately leaves the photo I am editing, and jumps to another one (not in edit), usually one nearby. This occasionally occurs in other fields (description, tags) as well. It seems to be dependent on how fast I type--type 19 pause 6 pause 5 and it does not occur.

This occurs across multiple libraries on my system. In particular, two libraries both on my Mac drive (not external, although I haven't verified on one external). I have Catalina 10.16.1, and a MacBook Pro 2019 13". This problem has been going on for awhile.

MacBook

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 9:24 AM

I have Catalina 10.16.1, and a MacBook Pro 2019 13".

I'm guessing you meant 10.15.1. I suggest you download and apply the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update which brings a number of improvements and bug fixes to the system.

Additionally, try logging into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac, and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 9:24 AM in response to jenniferfromridgefield

I have Catalina 10.16.1, and a MacBook Pro 2019 13".

I'm guessing you meant 10.15.1. I suggest you download and apply the macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Combo Update which brings a number of improvements and bug fixes to the system.

Additionally, try logging into another admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac, and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Aug 17, 2020 1:31 PM in response to jenniferfromridgefield

jenniferfromridgefield wrote:

Not a bad suggestion, but pretty hard under the conditions these days. If it gets worse maybe. :-)

A good point, but I have just been in Hamburg Apple Store to get my keyboard checked. The Genius Bar is still available there. I had to wear a mask and agree to having my temperature checked, when I entered the Apple Store, answer a lot of questions, but other than that it has been business as usual.

Photos has a problem with the number 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.