Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Keeps Crashing

My iPhotos keep crashing every time I look to Edit a Smart Album to use Keyword.

I am currently using Photos Version 5.0 (161.0.120) on Catalina version 10.15.7. I am accessing via IMAC Late 2014 Retina 5K

This does not happen if I choose date, text etc..

Anyone else have this issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2021 8:52 AM

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread) Then open your current library and test again.

Next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2021 8:52 AM in response to snapshotsbysage

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread) Then open your current library and test again.

Next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Iphoto Keeps Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.