Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Match library Sharing on Apple Music Family Plan

Can I share my iTunes Match library, including my music that was not purchased from Apple, with my Family?

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 4:23 AM

Sort of. Each user in a Family Plan gets their own independent iCloud Music Library. You may be able to share playlists with other members of the family, which will likely only work with matched content or tracks from Apple Music. If your library contains tracks that need to be uploaded then I don't think they will share into another person's library. You can of course copy the original files to their library over your network or using a USB drive etc.

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2020 4:23 AM in response to Little-Tex

Sort of. Each user in a Family Plan gets their own independent iCloud Music Library. You may be able to share playlists with other members of the family, which will likely only work with matched content or tracks from Apple Music. If your library contains tracks that need to be uploaded then I don't think they will share into another person's library. You can of course copy the original files to their library over your network or using a USB drive etc.

tt2

Aug 16, 2020 2:00 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks so much. It took me a while to figure out the settings to share playlists. Songs that were uploaded and not matched do seem to have transferred with the playlists (I need to check more closely to verify.) My wife’s library still appears to be a fraction of mine though; I don’t think her library includes songs that were matched. Perhaps there is another configuration setting I am missing.

Match library Sharing on Apple Music Family Plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.