Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.6 won't finish downloading.

Whenever I try to download the Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 update it begins to download gets to a certain point then stops. Message says "The network connection was lost".

I've searched the discussions but can't seem to find a problem similar issue like I'm having. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 11:37 PM

This may seem crazy, but check to make sure your model and OS version is compatible. The next thing is to ensure you have the recommended amount of hard drive storage space. That upgrade just so happens to be 2.82Gb. I would reboot my network by unplugging the power cord for about 20 minutes to allow stored memory and voltages to dissipate. Then I would try it again, assuming my model, and OS software version is compatible.

If you're using one of these computers with OS X Mavericks or later, you can install macOS Catalina. Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier. Learn how to upgrade to macOS Catalina.

If this does not help, your next step should be to reach out to Apple Support.

Best of luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 11:37 PM in response to kauaidoggie

This may seem crazy, but check to make sure your model and OS version is compatible. The next thing is to ensure you have the recommended amount of hard drive storage space. That upgrade just so happens to be 2.82Gb. I would reboot my network by unplugging the power cord for about 20 minutes to allow stored memory and voltages to dissipate. Then I would try it again, assuming my model, and OS software version is compatible.

If you're using one of these computers with OS X Mavericks or later, you can install macOS Catalina. Your Mac also needs at least 4GB of memory and 12.5GB of available storage space, or up to 18.5GB of storage space when upgrading from OS X Yosemite or earlier. Learn how to upgrade to macOS Catalina.

If this does not help, your next step should be to reach out to Apple Support.

Best of luck!

Catalina 10.15.6 won't finish downloading.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.