Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding lyrics to iTunes

Just updated iTunes to 12.10.8.5 and I am now unable to add lyrics. Cannot copy and paste or type into the Custom Lyrics. I have been able to do this in the past. Has anybody had this problem recently and solved it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 4:23 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 17, 2020 10:15 AM in response to Kelari

Okay. Assuming that it's not one of the folders in the file path that's restricting you (by being Read Only), the question is; at which point does the procedure not work as expected?

I'm using iTunes 12/10/8/5 and I am still able to add lyrics to songs, as follows:

1. select song and use one of the following methods to inspect the song:
    1. on iTunes' top bar menu, click on Edit/Song Info
    2. right-click the target song and choose Song Info from the pop up menu
    3. use the keyboard shortcut command CTRL+I (that's the Control key and letter "eye", not "one")
  2. with each method above, that displays the Details tab for the song (and I have successfully tested each one of them just now)
  3. select the Lyrics tab
  4. click on the Custom Lyrics box to add the tick. Until you select this box, you cannot add lyrics
  5. now you can paste in, or type in, lyrics
  6. click OK

Here's one I prepared just now:

Once I enable the lyrics option, I typed in a test text and saved it. Upon re-opening the song information, the lyrics tab now looks like this:

Note that the line to the left of the word "text" is the cursor which blinks, and is in position to type in additional lyrics.

Aug 17, 2020 10:40 AM in response to Kelari

Solved the problem. A C drive crash made it necessary to rebuild my computer (4 drives on my computer) and re-install iTunes. Did not notice the the everyone group only had read and execute assigned to it so none of the files on any of the drives were writable. I am still in the process on re-installing some applications. Have changed the permission on the everyone group so everything is good now. Will have to remember that for the future if I ever have another disk go down.

Thanks for the assistance. You nudged my brain to look in a different direction.

Adding lyrics to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.