Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Up Email Manually

Hi. I’m trying to manually set up an email account, but I need to know. How do I manually write the port for both, incoming and outgoing servers? Ports are 995 and 465 respectively

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:58 AM

Magician_Kiff wrote:

Well, first of all I live in Cuba. The email I’m trying to configure is from Havana University, a student email. I have all the steps to configure it but it seems I have to choose the ports for incoming and outgoing server and that’s what I can’t do manually.

What mail client and what template did you start with?

For the iOS mail client and manually, you should use Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account

This should give you full access to all settings like ports.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 7:58 AM in response to Magician_Kiff

Magician_Kiff wrote:

Well, first of all I live in Cuba. The email I’m trying to configure is from Havana University, a student email. I have all the steps to configure it but it seems I have to choose the ports for incoming and outgoing server and that’s what I can’t do manually.

What mail client and what template did you start with?

For the iOS mail client and manually, you should use Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account

This should give you full access to all settings like ports.

Setting Up Email Manually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.