Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a business email account with different ports for reading and sending. How do I configure that?

I have different mail servers for reading and sending, which I found I can configure. BUT how do I configure the ports for each?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 2, 2021 3:43 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2021 5:54 AM in response to lbdyck

lbdyck wrote:

They just told me to check the IOS mail account settings. When I do, there is no place to add a port for the mail servers.

Not true. The iOS/iPadOS Mail App is fully configurable by both Mail protocol and port number…

Incoming Mail server settings:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [email account] > Account >

• [Incoming Mail Server]
  • Advanced > [Incoming Settings]

Outgoing Mail server settings:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [email account] > Account > [Outgoing Mail Server] SMTP > [Primary Server] - configure your outgoing Mail server settings

You should note that you may need to use the Manual settings option when adding a new account to your device - as the Wizard may otherwise preconfigure common settings.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

I have a business email account with different ports for reading and sending. How do I configure that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.