Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Crashes when Junk or Trash is Deleted

I've been researching this problem on this forum and elsewhere for some time and have tried the suggested solutions without success. It looks like I will have to accept that Apple Mail doesn't work for me and I will be forced to switch to something else. Does anyone have a recommended alternative?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 5:09 AM

We don't know what you have tried.

Did you rebuild the mailboxes?

Also, in case there is something else interfering, you may want to run Etrecheck and post its report here.

Use the additional text button, as the report is too big to post directly in the message.

2 replies

Aug 18, 2020 1:52 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis

Thanks for the advice. We have exhaustively researched the various Apple forums for advice over a lengthy period and have attempted to resolve the probem with out success. As we use our computers for a busy business we've hit the endstop on what more time we can invest on fixing the problem but might have a go with Etrecheck when we have time. Whilst we usually prefer to stick with the hardward vendor's native applications I think we've made a policy decision to ditch Mail.

There appears to be a critical mass of users with this problem and we envisage that many will have been regularly sending the reports that flash up on the screen when the Mail app crashes. We're not clear what happens to this data and to what extent it is used to inform Apple's information, knowledge and understanding of persistent failures such as this.

All the best

Apple Mail Crashes when Junk or Trash is Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.