Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Safari does not open? Google chrome works okay.

My Safari does not connect to the internet and also at the bottom of the page on my mail it has ‘Network offline’.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:49 AM

L cruising Said:

"Why does my Safari does not open? Google chrome works okay. My Safari does not connect to the internet and also at the bottom of the page on my mail it has ‘Network offline’."

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Installations), system configurations (i.e. for Safari) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 7:49 AM in response to L cruising

L cruising Said:

"Why does my Safari does not open? Google chrome works okay. My Safari does not connect to the internet and also at the bottom of the page on my mail it has ‘Network offline’."

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Installations), system configurations (i.e. for Safari) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Aug 17, 2020 2:07 PM in response to L cruising

L cruising Said:

"Thank you very much for the great support. Could direct me to where I can find out the step by step instructions on how to reset the SMC and NVRA. As I am not knowledgeable in this procedure."

-------

For Direct Instructions, Contact Apple Support:

I recommend not watching anything on YouTube. Instead, call Apple Support, having the Apple Rep run you through each reset. If needed, screenshare your iPhone's Camera and/or your Mac's Camera with the AppleRep. That way they can see hat you are holding down as you go about performing this.

Apple Phone Support:

Also...

Screenshare with the Apple Rep

To easily converse over the phone with the Apple Rep screenshare the camera of your iPhone and your Mac. Ask a friend, or family member if you may use their phone, if you do not have one handy.

Learn more at these links:

For Note:

Why Calls are a Bit of a Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. And, that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple Support. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Aug 18, 2020 5:55 PM in response to L cruising

L cruising Said:

"Why does my Safari does not open? Google chrome works okay.: I was actually talking about my IPhone 8 Plus that safari will not open. My laptop opens perfectly."

-------

Go Here:

If it is officially your iPhone giving you Safari view issues that is not working, then try the following:

Aug 19, 2020 5:37 AM in response to L cruising

L cruising Said:

"I have internet and can open chrome and search the web. But if anything is routed to Safari because it is the default browser the following page is displayed:"

-------

Enable WiFi Only:

Disable the VPN Connection - see if that works. Also, disable Cellular. Both of which are found in Settings. Cellular always overrules WiFi. So, get connected to WiFi only, and see if it works.

Go Here: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Why does my Safari does not open? Google chrome works okay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.