Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina is a disaster.

Can anyone with a connection to the Powers That Be apply pressure to back off from Catalina? I can't use my Classic iPod anymore to download purchases, since iTunes has been vanished by Catalina. Apple's Image Capture app has almost no functionality--certainly far less than the Brother All-in-One scanning app that I used to scan and scrapbook pictures. Easier to use my husband's PC-platform computers. Microsoft Office for Apple is now an expensive rental. What a rip off! Plus, there is this idiotic Java pop-up that appears several times a day and cannot be gotten rid of. Thank you, Catalina (sarcasm).

Apple was responsive to the backlash against the removal of the home button on the iPhone, and the privacy-annihilating partially functional face recognition. It made the iPhone SE 2020 available--and several people I know immediately bought that new phone. Maybe the Corporate higher ups could be convinced to provide the option to stay at Mojave, or whatever the pre-Catalina iOS was--then it could see what the Marketplace REALLY wanted.

Not to mention that none of my classic card games work--and the replacements have statistic capabilities that are full of bugs (can't count the number of moves).

How do I get back to my old OS?

There are NO advantages to Catalina--only disadvantages (for the user, at least).

thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:37 PM

Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 17, 2020 12:57 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I back up regularly to Time Machine--and I had to get a new back up disk because Time Machine didn't work with Catalina either. I have my old LaCie. I am reading the abbreviated instructions on the Apple website about how to go back. But I have been trying to use this for three months, so I have a lot of files and pictures that I would have to restore separately, I guess. The COVID lockdown separated me from my Apple IT Saint, and I mistook "upgrade" for "update" and got into trouble. Maybe I will try to make a phone appointment with him and walk me through the reversion. I have posted some other questions about how to do things that I can't do anymore...I'll wait a few days to see if anyone answers. Thanks

Catalina is a disaster.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.