Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air lagging

Hi i have a MacBook air A1304 and its very laggy the performance and sometimes its running smooth i have done a HDD check and its fine and i re installed MacOS El Capitan still very slow and lags

btw the battery says replace now and it would shut off when i remove from charger

any solution would be appreciated

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:44 AM

btw the battery says replace now and it would shut off when i remove from charger

That is the reason your Mac is not working well. Have Apple or an authorized Apple repair shop replace its battery: Mac Repair - Official Apple Support.

3 replies

Sep 11, 2020 5:39 PM in response to Rayan_faisal

Hi there, Rayan_faisal.

It sounds like you're having some trouble with your MacBook Air, resulting in slow performance, as well as battery issues. We're determined to help you get this figured out.

Do you notice the slowdowns happening while using certain apps? If so, which apps are they?

If the computer shuts off when not connected to power, and the battery is alerting you that you need service, you should arrange service. You can look into your available options for that here: Get Support

All the best.

MacBook air lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.