Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac 27" 2019 running Catalina latest version. I cannot upload photos to websites.

When a website 'upload' button is clicked, I used to be able to click on 'photos' or 'pictures' or other files and click 'choose' .

Then the file would be uploaded to the required site.

This no longer happens.

I click on a file such as 'photos' to upload and a window opens with nothing in it.

An instruction says 'open photos to upload' but when I open photos there is no link between the photos app and the upload window to the website.

It is impossible to upload the way I used to do.

What is going on and why is it now impossible to do this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:16 AM

First make sure your Photos library is designated the "System Photo Library" in Photos' General preference pane.

Then in the browser's selection window go down the sidebar to Media and click on Photos underneath it. Then click on Photos in the right hand pane. That will take you into the library where you can search for the photos to upload.

I find it easier to create an album, place it at the top of My Albums list, put the photos in it to make them easier to find and select for upload.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 9:16 AM in response to robsy335

First make sure your Photos library is designated the "System Photo Library" in Photos' General preference pane.

Then in the browser's selection window go down the sidebar to Media and click on Photos underneath it. Then click on Photos in the right hand pane. That will take you into the library where you can search for the photos to upload.

I find it easier to create an album, place it at the top of My Albums list, put the photos in it to make them easier to find and select for upload.

I have an iMac 27" 2019 running Catalina latest version. I cannot upload photos to websites.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.