Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location based automation not working

I have recently updated my iPhone and now my location based automation is not working. Prior to the update my phone would trigger the automation based on my location and I would be prompted to select "run" to complete the automation process. Can someone help me rectify this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 12:20 PM

Update: I was able to rectify the issue. The issue was that location-based alerts and location-based suggestions were turned off. As a result, my phone would not trigger the notification to run the set automation. Upon turning on these settings my automation notification began working again.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2020 12:20 PM in response to davis170

Update: I was able to rectify the issue. The issue was that location-based alerts and location-based suggestions were turned off. As a result, my phone would not trigger the notification to run the set automation. Upon turning on these settings my automation notification began working again.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services

Aug 19, 2020 9:01 AM in response to davis170

Hi there davis170,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with an automation not working as expected, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, do you have a home hub set up? Check this by opening the Home app, then selecting the House icon > the location icon, and checking for anything under the home hub heading.

Also, while you're in the Home app, tap the automation icon and check to make sure your desired automation is enabled.

Additionally, check in Settings that Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Home has While Using selected, and that Settings > Accounts > iCloud > Share My Location > From has This Device selected.

Cheers!

Aug 19, 2020 9:34 AM in response to chris_g1

Hello chris_g1

Thanks for your response! I do not have a Home Hub setup? I was able to configure the setting through the Shortcuts app. Shortcuts>Automation>Create Personal Automation>Arrive>Location>Set Wifi Action. From that page I selected my WiFi network. When working properly, the automation would trigger once I would be in close range to the set location.

Location based automation not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.