Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t access iCloud email because account is locked - but need email to unlock account.

So... it’s a circle jerk? Idk. My kid was signed up for an iCloud account a long time ago, but when his phone broke (at 9 maybe?) and we gave him a “new” one, his dad signed up for a new iCloud. Oops. No biggie, right? 3 years later, his old iCloud is still on our family sharing (with a 6.99 mo sub) and we can’t remove because he’s under 12? Tried inviting that forgot account to a new family, but ...his old account is “locked” and the only option to unlock is to sign into his email and get the code. But. Lol. Can’t sign into the iCloud email because his iCloud account is locked! Wtf? We don’t have the phone it was initially set up on so now I’m just confused. I get it, no biggie, but I want my other kids’ Apple ids on family sharing and we’re one one short! Also, Idk, 6.99/mo for 3 years is like, 250? I coulda bought like 1/4 an iPhone with that. 🙄

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:20 PM

his old account is “locked” and the only option to unlock is to sign into his email and get the code. But. Lol. Can’t sign into the iCloud email because his iCloud account is locked! ***?

You need account recovery. This will require you knowing the phone number that was used. You do not need to have the phone itself, just it's number.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204921

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 10:20 PM in response to brandie146

his old account is “locked” and the only option to unlock is to sign into his email and get the code. But. Lol. Can’t sign into the iCloud email because his iCloud account is locked! ***?

You need account recovery. This will require you knowing the phone number that was used. You do not need to have the phone itself, just it's number.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204921

Can’t access iCloud email because account is locked - but need email to unlock account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.