Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If your icloud password doesnt work on a childs device...exactly how does apple think they are going to get the information back to you using the email that requires that password to work?

I have tried every possible way I can find to reset my daughters password and all of them fail. The information is correct. From her device it asks for my phone number until the process fails. Settings menu does not give me an option to reset password, it requires the password to enter the menu...From itunes it sends me to the forgot my password website which gives me three options that dont work. The last option after those three wants to use the email address that I cant access to finish the process. And when i say i cant use that email address it tells me they cant figure it out and we'll be notified via the email address we cant access to tell us how they can or cannot help...there is something really screwy about this system.

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 12:30 PM

Hello baugydangerous,

We understand that you're unable to gain access to your daughters Apple ID. We'd like to get you pointed towards a resolution. Based on what you've shared the next steps you'll want to take can be found here: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply

If your icloud password doesnt work on a childs device...exactly how does apple think they are going to get the information back to you using the email that requires that password to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.