Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 not ringing when locked

I have Do Not Disturb switched off but my iPhone 11 is silent when locked - both for calls & messages. I keep missing calls when I am siting right next to my phone

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:14 PM

There's a couple of possible reasons why your phone might not be ringing. First, and I know you said this already, but you're sure Do Not Disturb is not activated, right? If it's not, is it possible that you somehow activated the mute switch -- it's the little slider/switch over the volume buttons. Another possibility is that you have the volume turned down. (Don't laugh - it happens!). Check in Settings>Sounds & Haptics. Finally, double (triple?) check how to put your phone vibrate, ring or silent, and make sure that everything is how it should be. Lastly, when in doubt, restart your iPhone.

Good luck!

-- JDee

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 6:14 PM in response to macfan03

There's a couple of possible reasons why your phone might not be ringing. First, and I know you said this already, but you're sure Do Not Disturb is not activated, right? If it's not, is it possible that you somehow activated the mute switch -- it's the little slider/switch over the volume buttons. Another possibility is that you have the volume turned down. (Don't laugh - it happens!). Check in Settings>Sounds & Haptics. Finally, double (triple?) check how to put your phone vibrate, ring or silent, and make sure that everything is how it should be. Lastly, when in doubt, restart your iPhone.

Good luck!

-- JDee

iphone 11 not ringing when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.