Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 model MNCN2J/A Cannot make or recieve phone calls message without update

My Iphone is working normally then this message turns up on the screen every moth or so -AN update is required to use mobile data on this iphone -mobile update failed your iphone cannot make or receive calls or access mobile data until it has been updated. So basically the phone becomes unless out of the blue until it is updated. In an emergency a person could die from not being able to call emergency services Apple could face a class action over this issue that needs to be resolves as quickly as possible.I rang Apple support they had never heard of that problem before and the support person said you should be able to use the phone for calls and text whether up to date or not never had this problem with any other phone before.

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:54 PM

See whether your iPhone qualifies for the ➔ iPhone 7 Repair Program for No Service.

Axel F.

6 replies

Aug 18, 2020 10:23 PM in response to sungod42

Thanks for that Axel i did get iphone to update working ok at present turned off automatic update see if that helps for next time iphone needs updating, perhaps update stalled because if that slow internet at moment possibly effecting operating system. im in Australia so not sure if no service covers me here.But A1779 is my iphone model.So it is in the covered models for repair replacemment.So i will wait and see if problem re occurs now i have automatic updates turned off.

Aug 20, 2020 3:25 AM in response to Axel Foley

If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart

If you see one of the alerts below, iOS or iPadOS diagnostics detected an issue on your iPhone or iPad that requires repair.

Cellular Update Failed

If you see this alert, there was an issue updating

the cellular communication features of your iPhone or iPad. Your iPhone

can't make or receive calls or text messages or access cellular data.

If you see an Update Failed or Apple Pay Not Available alert after iOS update or restart

If you see one of the alerts below, iOS or iPadOS diagnostics detected an issue on your iPhone or iPad that requires repair.

Cellular Update Failed

Cellular Update Failed

Iphone 7 model MNCN2J/A Cannot make or recieve phone calls message without update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.