Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error when open os x install file

Hello everyone, please help! I have macbook pro 2008 15' running os x leopard. I want to update it to os x el capitan, but when i open the pkg file the window says "com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1"

what's wrong?

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 9:58 AM

Before you can jump to El Capitan on a machine running Leopard, you must upgrade to Snow Leopard or Lion. Snow Leopard is no longer available from Apple but Lion still is. You can purchase Lion at the Online Apple Store. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation. You will need, minimally:

1. 2GB of memory

2. 7GB of available space

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 9:58 AM in response to faustaurus

Before you can jump to El Capitan on a machine running Leopard, you must upgrade to Snow Leopard or Lion. Snow Leopard is no longer available from Apple but Lion still is. You can purchase Lion at the Online Apple Store. The cost is $19.99 (as it was before) plus tax.  It's a download. You will get an email containing a redemption code that you then use at the Mac App Store to download Lion. Save a copy of that installer to your Downloads folder because the installer deletes itself at the end of the installation. You will need, minimally:

1. 2GB of memory

2. 7GB of available space

error when open os x install file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.