Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod won’t perform anything location related and requests I turn on precise location for Siri and dictation.

HomePod won’t perform any location based requests like weather and responds I can help you if you turn on precise location for Siri and dictation. But that isn’t an option anywhere in HomePod settings. Siri is fully on. Location is on. Analytics is on. Can’t find anything related to this specifically about HomePod on google or Apple. iPhone all work fine. Tried rebooting tried toggling setting switches off and on. Nada

HomePod, 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 1:56 PM

Troubleshoot your network. Reboot the wifi router

On your device, reset network settings in settings- general - reset

Look in the home app as well, long press HomePod, use gear icon (lower right) scroll down to Location Services

Similar questions

11 replies

Aug 24, 2020 3:29 PM in response to BladesMofokeng

Same problem with the latest generation iPad. I get that exact message every time I try to ask for a business location or information. I’ve gone through all the switches that others have listed on this report to no avail I reset my iPad, and I downloaded the latest update which apparently is just came out. I still cannot access any businesses with Siri but she will answer other questions. My iPad is Wi-Fi only with no data connection, is that the difference?

HomePod won’t perform anything location related and requests I turn on precise location for Siri and dictation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.