Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini not running Siri shortcuts and have some display bugs

Hello, I want to talk about two problems i found today with my Homepod Mini (Thats my first day with it).

1. The Siri on my phone activates Siri shortcuts without problems but when I ask my homepod to activate shortcut, with the same command(I also tried different ones) the homepod says :

- the phone and the homepod are not connected to the same network...

-cant find the shortcut

-install Shortcut app on your phone (i have it already installed long ago and fully updated)

2 Somehow after changing homepod settings in home app, or checking for updates for the homepod, after that or a couple more actions in the settings, the homepod stops displaying Siri colors and animations, it only shows white color and when i activate Siri, the display becomes black, thats very strange.

Thats all!

HomePod mini

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 3:30 PM

Toggle the state of the settings, wait a few seconds, then toggle once more.

Reboot your router and power cycle the device.

Reset the device and try again.

I assume that the iPhone can AirPlay to HomePod. Could your router have any firewall/security settings that might block some local network communications?

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Homepod mini not running Siri shortcuts and have some display bugs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.