Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini is not running the shortcut set in my iPhone

I have few shortcuts set-up on my phone, which I can activate them by using "Hey Siri" on my phone.

They are working fine on my phone, but my HomePod mini does not take the same shortcuts as I have on my phone.

e.g. I can activate a smart plug via the shortcut on my phone, it works.

But the Siri from HomePod mini does not understand the shortcut order / instruction.

1. Can I have HomePod mini runs the same shortcut as the shortcut setting on my phone ?
  2. If HomePod mini can NOT run the same shortcut as phone does, how will I prevent the mis-take between Siri on Phone and Siri on HomePod mini ?

e.g. When I try to tell Siri on my phone to turn on the smart plug, HomePod mini takes priority to response ; and the Siri from my phone does not response.

Then Siri on HomePod mini does not understand the shortcut instruction I gave, while the Siri on phone does.

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:54 PM

Some things to try; test after each step:

• Unplug HomePod for 5 seconds, plug back in
  • Reboot your wifi modem - make sure your HomePod and phone are on the same home wifi network
  • Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID in the Home App - HomePod Settings - you can also sign out in HomePod settings, then sign back in
  • Reset network settings in your phone in General - Reset - Join your network again on your phone
  • Try deleting the shortcut, then add it back
  • Restart HomePod:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 5:54 PM in response to jingsongfromcupertino

Some things to try; test after each step:

• Unplug HomePod for 5 seconds, plug back in
  • Reboot your wifi modem - make sure your HomePod and phone are on the same home wifi network
  • Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID in the Home App - HomePod Settings - you can also sign out in HomePod settings, then sign back in
  • Reset network settings in your phone in General - Reset - Join your network again on your phone
  • Try deleting the shortcut, then add it back
  • Restart HomePod:

Open the Home App - go to the Room it’s in 

Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

HomePod mini is not running the shortcut set in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.