Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air loosing power whilst closed?

Hi there,

So I leave my macbook closed but not turned off overnight out of laziness most nights but in the past week or so its started to have no battery when I wake up in the morning? Its quite sudden and though its not an issue I am concerned about the battery.

Any and all advice is appreciated

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 5:46 PM

Closing its lid should put a Mac to sleep, but perhaps that stopped working for some reason. That would explain the battery depletion. In that case please review the suggestions in If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support. The steps described under "If the previous steps don't work" are the most likely corrective actions to take.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 5:46 PM in response to asher256

Closing its lid should put a Mac to sleep, but perhaps that stopped working for some reason. That would explain the battery depletion. In that case please review the suggestions in If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support. The steps described under "If the previous steps don't work" are the most likely corrective actions to take.

Macbook Air loosing power whilst closed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.