Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Library

I recently imported a movie (Back to the Future Part III) into my AppleTV library on my MacBook Pro. FYI. I purchased this movie from the Apple iTunes Store. I wanted to play this movie on my Apple TV, but it is not showing up with the recently added movies/purchased area of my Apple TV. The only way to watch this movie is to turn on homesharing on my account, and access my computer from my Apple TV. Is there a way to fix this?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:43 PM

Purchased iTunes Store movies should be available already for streaming from your library on Apple TV from the TV app or the Movies app. It doesn’t need importing at all.

Local movie files that you added to the library will be available on Apple TV from the Computers app (Home Sharing).

Exceptions are conceivable when

• the Apple ID account doesn’t match for the purchase and the Apple TV user;
  • the movie had been withdrawn from the iTunes Store by the studio for its original store item ID;
  • or in case you moved internationally and now access a different region iTunes Store.

For other situations, do contact the iTunes Store staff.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2020 11:43 PM in response to ted n.

Purchased iTunes Store movies should be available already for streaming from your library on Apple TV from the TV app or the Movies app. It doesn’t need importing at all.

Local movie files that you added to the library will be available on Apple TV from the Computers app (Home Sharing).

Exceptions are conceivable when

• the Apple ID account doesn’t match for the purchase and the Apple TV user;
  • the movie had been withdrawn from the iTunes Store by the studio for its original store item ID;
  • or in case you moved internationally and now access a different region iTunes Store.

For other situations, do contact the iTunes Store staff.

Apple TV Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.