You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie audio bitrate error message

I have a client that has me making 20sec videos for them, which they are uploading to Amazon to accompany items they are selling.

Amazon keeps rejecting the videos, saying they need to be above 96kbps audio bitrate. I've saved them at 16MB, 23Mb and 48MB. All of them have been rejected. What makes no sense is that a batch I delivered to them in April (4 month ago), saved at 16MB, were NOT rejected.

Does this sound like an iMovie issue? Am I missing something super obvious in the saving process? Do I need to update iMovie? I don't think I have the newest version installed.

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 4:53 PM

2 replies

Aug 20, 2020 10:50 AM in response to ungelbah

Hey there ungelbah,

We'd like to see how we can help with this issue. We use our Mac daily, so when something isn't working as it should, we would be concerned too. Let's dive into what could be causing this issue.

If previous videos have worked before and no settings have changed, it sounds like it may be a server end issue, or an issue with the upload, but before we go there, let's make sure the video is working on our end. The best way to ensure that the video is working, is by testing the video with a different video service. If the upload works correctly, and the video playback shows no issues, we can say that iMovie and the exporting of the video behaved as intended. Next, we recommend reaching out to Amazon Support for this issue.

If the video doesn't playback correctly with a different service, or the upload fails, we may have an issue with iMovie. At this point, we would want to check for updates if iMovie isn't up-to-date. Learn to update Apple apps using this link: How to update the software on your Mac

Keep us posted!

Cheers!

Aug 20, 2020 2:24 PM in response to ungelbah

Hi, ungelbah,

Open your video in Handbrake and check the audio bitrate. If it's under 96 kbps change the bitrate and convert it out to exceed 96 kbps. Then try uploading to Amazon.

You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

If it already exceeds the 96 kbps Amazon requirement, then you need to contact Amazon to find out why the vids are being rejected.

-- Rich

iMovie audio bitrate error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.